Processing of personal data: Processing means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction. Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly.
A processor: A processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
A controller: A controller is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
3. CONTACT DETAILS
Name: Silmaco NV
Company number: 0432.069.870
Address: Industrieweg 90, 3620 Lanaken
Email: privacy [at] silmaco.com
Phone number: +32 089 73 02 22
If you as data subject want to exercise your rights, always address the data controller (responsible for the processing).
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA SILMACO PROCESSES?
5.1. Based on the performance of a contract
Silmaco processes personal data necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- When requesting a quote
When you request more info about the services or products of Silmaco you can request a quote through different channels (telephone, website, social media, …). Silmaco processes personal identification data (like name and email) to provide you with an adequate proposal.
- When processing an order, following up on invoices and commercial agreements
When you order services or products at Silmaco, Silmaco processes personal identification data and professional data to correctly follow up the order or delivery.
- When applying for a job
Silmaco regularly seeks new enthusiastic and motivated employees to join our team. During the job application process Silmaco processes the following categories of personal data: personal identification data, personal details (like birthdate, language, …), professional career and training history, competences, curriculum vitae, images, work reference.
5.2 Based on consent
When processing personal data based on your consent, you always have the right to withdraw your consent. (see 10. what are my rights and how can I exercise them?)
- Use of targeted visual material on social media and the website.
When publishing targeted visual material on the social media and the website of Silmaco your permission will always be requested. With targeted visual material we mean images where the person is clearly identified (close-up, image focused on a specific person, posed photo, ...).
5.3 Based on the legitimate interest
Silmaco processes personal data based on the legitimate interest in which Silmaco has made a weighing of interests.
- When registering visitors to our offices
For security reasons, Silmaco wishes to know who is present at their offices at any time. The employee with whom the visitor has an appointment is informed that the visit has arrived. Silmaco processes the following personal data: personal identification data (such as name, email, telephone number), identification data issued by the government (license plate), professional data (eg company you work for).
- The use of cameras
In and around the buildings of Silmaco cameras are installed, with the aim to prevent or detect crimes against persons, goods or nuisance, or to maintain public order. Images are collected, processed and stored for this purpose.
- When dealing with a question, offering help or offering information at your request
You can contact Silmaco through various channels (telephone, correspondence, email, contact form website, social media). We only use the personal data you provide to answer your questions.
- Sending direct marketing
Silmaco sends direct marketing and processes personal identification data. Silmaco respects related regulations, whereby only direct marketing is sent if there is a customer relationship, with regard to the same products or services that Silmaco itself delivers, and where the person concerned has had the opportunity to gather the information. unsubscribe. In addition, every mail will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe.
- When performing competency tests during the application period
To screen an applicant, Silmaco conducts an assessment of the competences and personality of the candidate. For this it uses an assessment agency as a processor, but it will not use the data for other purposes and will not pass it on to third parties for their own use.
- When creating a job application overview list with status for each person involved
Due to the many applications that Silmaco processes and the different channels from which new candidates are proposed, there is a legitimate interest in creating a list so that candidates we refuse do not re-examine after a few weeks. This list only contains personal identification data.
- When using visual material for public relations and/or journalistic purposes
Silmaco uses panoramic photo’s to publish externally. The visitors of the event are informed in advance and have the opportunity to oppose taking the photo: at the event itself against the photographer or after the event by sending an email to privacy [at] silmaco.com.
- When improving the quality of the website
6. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Silmaco does not share your personal data with third parties, unless
- Silmaco has received your prior consent.
- Silmaco is obliged to do so in the context of a regulation or legal procedure.
- Silmaco is requested to do so by legislative or judicial authorities.
- Silmaco organizes an event together with partners or suppliers. The list of participants can/will also be communicated to the partners or suppliers.
Silmaco may call on certain subcontractors and this in order to outsource some of our services to them. These subcontractors are not considered third parties. We ensure that these subcontractors take the necessary technical and organizational measures to process your personal data legally and lawfully and also under no circumstances make it known to third parties.
7. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Silmaco recognizes that the security of personal data is part of data protection. Therefore, Silmaco takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized processing or unauthorized access in order to prevent misuse.
With each transfer of personal data to a processor outside the European Economic Area (EEA), Silmaco always complies with the terms of this privacy statement and Silmaco follows applicable data protection laws and regulations to ensure adequate safeguards.
8. STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Silmaco will only keep your personal information for the minimum period necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this privacy statement. Unless required to resolve disputes or if a longer storage period is required by law. Non-personal information can be kept in time without restriction for statistical purposes.
Cookies are text files that are placed on your computer to collect standard internet logging information and behavioral information. This information is used to keep track of the visitor behavior of the website and to compile statistical reports about the website.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE THEM?
10.1. How can you exercise your rights?
You can exercise your rights by sending an e-mail to privacy [at] silmaco.com . To prevent any unauthorized disclosure of your personal information Silmaco may request more information to verify your identity.
Silmaco has one month to answer your request. This period starts when Silmaco has received your request and has all the information required to fulfill your request.The one month period can be extended after a message and explanation of Silmaco.
Silmaco will provide the requested information free of charge. If requests are unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive nature, Silmaco may charge a reasonable fee or Silmaco may refuse the request.
If for any reason you assume that Silmaco did not handle your request correctly, you can contact Silmaco again and we will look for a solution together with you.
For the sake of completeness, we inform you that if Silmaco does not respond to your request, it refuses or if our response does not meet your expectations, you always have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (GVA), Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel, Tel +32 (0)2 274 48 00, or contact [at] apd-gba.be.
10.2. What are your rights?
- Right of access: You can ask us which personal data we process from you, for which we process it, which categories of personal data we process, with which categories of third parties we share your personal data, the origin of the processed data and - when application - which logic we use when processing personal data automatically.
- Right to rectification: If information is not correct, you can ask us to correct it
- Right to delete your data: If data is not processed lawfully or if your data is no longer needed than the purpose for which it was collected, you can ask us to delete your data.
- Right to limit processing: By restricting the processing of your personal data, your personal data can still be kept but its use is limited. When you have requested a processing restriction, we may only store your data. This means that no other transactions can happen with your data.
- Right to object: You have the right to object to the fact that your data is processed if that processing is based on a general interest or the legitimate interest of the person who processes your data. Moreover, you can also exercise this right of objection if your personal data are processed for direct marketing purposes. This right of appeal also applies to profiling that forms the basis for processing for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent: If the processing of your personal data is based on the basis permission, you have the right to withdraw this permission at any time.
- The right to transfer data: You have the right to obtain your personal data in a standard, structured and machine-readable form and you have the right to transfer this personal data to another controller with the processing based on the data. legal grounds permission or contractual relationship.
Silmaco is a family business with more than 30 years of experience in the production of high-quality and customized silicates. Our flexibility, focus on innovation and quality guarantees your company a carefree service and the most appropriate silicate for your application.
100 000 T/y of Sodium Silicates
Selling over 5 continents and in 60 countries