Sodium metasilicate anhydrous is a multifunctional product that shows excellent pH-regulating capacity, efficient detergency, effective corrosion inhibition, good dispersing and bleach stabilizing properties and which is environmentally safe. The advantage of our anhydrous metasilicate is the high active content and its purity which makes it possible to formulate high concentrated products.
Metasilicate anhydrous contains both silica and alkalinity in a molar ratio of 1:1 between silica and sodium oxide. The silica part gives sodium metasilicate corrosion inhibiting properties that help to protect both metal and non-metal surfaces. The sodium oxide content is responsible for its powerful alkalinity, which provides the product a very good solubility and an efficient cleaning performance.
Properties and Advantages
- White and free-flowing granules / powder
- Dissolves easily, even in cold water.
- High bulk density and a low dust content.
- Negligilbe insoluble residues
- As a highly alkaline product, sodium metasilicate will easily react with CO2. Our production methods are such that the risk of partial inactivity due to CO2 contamination is minimal as there is no contact between our products and the combustion gasses. In this way, we can guarantee a pure sodium metasilicate.
Our metasilicate anhydrous is available in different grain sizes: FA (200-630 micron), FB (630-1250 micron) and FC (200-1250 micron) and in powder form: FE (100 micron). The complete product specification and material safety datasheet can be found under downloads. The following typical values are given for informational purposes only.
|% Dry matter||97|
|Melting point (°C)||1089|
The product is available in bulk, big bags or 25 kg bags. Our bags ensure that the product is delivered in a fresh and free-flowing state.
Silmaco is a family business with more than 30 years of experience in the production of high-quality and customized silicates. Our flexibility, focus on innovation and quality guarantees your company a carefree service and the most appropriate silicate for your application.
100 000 T/y of Sodium Silicates
Selling over 5 continents and in 60 countries